-met my gay best friend/one of my now best friends.
-have met a diverse, amazing group of people.
-get to explore my passion further.
-get to put my reading and writing skills to good use.
-barely ever have exams. yay!
-teaching Spanish. love. love. love.
-putting off the real world a little longer.
-constant stress. constant.
-papers are longer and take more mental energy.
-feeling drained after class.
-comprehensive exams. nope.
-not socializing with many people outside of your grad student circle. also only being able to understand other grad students.
-want to be a hermit forever.
things you hear when you tell someone you’re a spanish major
1) “What are you going to do with that?” Me: Oh I’m going to do SHUT THE HELL UP.
2) “Oh, so you’re fluent then?” Me: No, not at all, I’ve only studied it for 12 years. Not fluent whatsoever.
3) “Say something in Spanish for me.” Me: NO.
4) “You don’t look like you speak Spanish.” Me: Oh, my blonde hair and pale skin didn’t give that away?
5) “Oh yeah I know [insert famous Spanish author here]”. Me: NO NO YOU DON’T.
6) Guys in bars: “I know some Spanish. Hola! Como es tas estoy bueno y tu”. Me: STOP.
7) “Oh I took Spanish in high school. I was terrible at it.” Me: COOL. I HAVE NEVER HEARD THAT BEFORE.
writers that inspire me
1) JK Rowling - first and foremost forever.
2) T.S. Eliot - “The Hollow Men”, “The Wasteland”. Perfection.
3) Federico Garcia Lorca - poetry. plays. man did it all and was a tortured genius.
4) Alan Moore - genius. genius. genius. Watchmen changed my life.
5) Gillian Flynn - Gone Girl. I don’t even know. The book changed my entire perspective on writing.
6) Phillippa Gregory - wonderful historical fiction.
7) Anne Rice - forever and always. created my favorite literary character of all time.
8) Meg Cabot - the definition of my adolescence.
9) Lemony Snicket (aka Daniel Handler) - fantastic satire and irony, even though I didn’t get it until I was older.
10) George R. R. Martin - ruined/made my entire life.
11) Veronica Roth - Allegiant. I still have PTSD.
12) Chuck Palahniuk - genius. it may seem that I use that word lightly, but it’s true. read “Invisible Monsters”, “Rant” or “Fight Club”.
Other authors worth mentioning: J. R. R. Tolkien, Libba Bray, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Charlaine Harris, Emily Giffin, S.E. Hinton.
so I looked at how many views my stories had on fanfiction today
and Burn Me Down had OVER 44,000 VIEWS.
44,000 PEOPLE HAVE LOOKED AT MY FANFICTION.
YES you tell it spirit animal
jonathan rhys Meyers shirtless, a vampire, and in period costume?
It is like someone peered into my mind and was like THAT IS A GOOD IDEA FOR A TV SHOW
I’m a much sweeter person than I come across on camera.
oh my god he’s so beautiful dear god
henry cavil Natalie dormer jonathan rhys Meyers all together in happiness agghhhh my heart exploded
oh hi tobias
oh baby take me into your abs and hold me forever
save me from my pain
”[..] and then she came in, and it was like diving into white-water rapids and having no desire to hang on to the side. Throughout shooting, it was wild and exciting. I couldn’t help but try to stay with her, keep pace with her, and not let her get away.”
At least they’re aliiiiiiiiiiiveeeee
they are so cute
my reaction to Allegiant
all the accurate there is to accurate
allegiant feels [spoilers be ahead]
Why was I given emotions?!?!?!?!?!
my feels…oh yay everything is ok now and everything is explained about life in the book. yay tobias and tris happy and kinda being annoying. stupid nita and stupid rebels. everything starts sucking. people start getting killed off in brutal emotionless ways. war happens. caleb and tris feels. tobias and tris feels. TRIS TRIS TRIS FEELS. URIAH FEELS. ending feels. tobias makes me happy and sad and all confused and sad all over again. I hate everything. damn you veronica roth.